Every year, Smiles makes Solidary trips to Latin America and Asia with the purpose of bringing hope for a better future to hundreds of kids living in poverty.
Travel with us and draw smiles as a volunteer for a 7 to 15 days period.
Bring love and hope to thousands of children and live this great experience
Secrets of India
November 20th - 29th
Help us reach the hearts of the 500 children waiting for us in India
November 20th - 29th
Enjoy the mysteries of Thailand while drawing smiles in the 10/40 Window
What will you do during a Smiles trip?
You will be able to provide support in various ways: on a Smiles trip, on a Smiles trip, pParents receive classes Teachers are given educational advice The community in general is given the possibility of accessing medical, dental and food care.
Children are provided with workshops, recreational activities, special medical care, food, school supplies, and personal hygiene packages. In the afternoons and evenings, you will have the opportunity to visit places in the area and you will be able to attend motivational and development meetings for your personal growth.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Are the projects only for professionals?
They are for anyone, professional or non-professional. We need committed people who are willing to help, serve with their skills and talents. As well as people who have the same vision as us: to help children have a prosperous future.
Do you only work with children?
We focus on working with children ages 5 to 12, in order to transform their future from full generations into the areas where it is most needed. However, also families, teachers and institutions are supported with talks and workshops for the potential development of children.
Why do I have to pay to be a volunteer?
At Smiles we are a team of volunteers who have opted for a lifestyle of total service. The foundation has no administrative expenses, 99% of donations are directly used for projects and 1% is for the payment of a place that serves as storage.
The minimum cost you will pay will be to acquire the necessary resources to carry out the project you registered for and for your accommodation, food, missionary medical insurance, and other basic needs that you may have.
What activities will I be involved in?
There are several activities you can help with:
- Directing sports and physical activity games.
- Carrying out crafts, art and paintings.
- Developing workshops on self-esteem, values and manners.
- Assisting doctors and dentists.
- Offering Professional Workshops for Educators.
- Holding Seminars for Parents.
- Offering health, cooking, hygiene, and quality of life classes.
- Telling stories that transform the Heart.
- Teaching Biblical studies.
- Collaborating in the preparation of hundreds of food and emergency bags.
- Helping with the cleaning, arrangement and construction of orphanages, churches and community centers.
- Can you think of any other? Tell us and we will do it.
Where does Smiles have headquarters?
For now we have two Smiles Houses:
1. Tijuana, Mexico
2. El Zancudo, El Salvador
And, our headquarters camp is in El Amazonas, Peru.
What can I donate?
- Financial resource
- Children's multivitamin
- Multivitamin for pregnant women
- Aspirins for children
- Oral Anesthesia for Children
- Antiparasitic Medicine
- Medicine for Fibers - Colds - Flu
- Baby Irritated Skin Cream
- Powdered Milk / Baby Formula
- Baby Clothes up to 18 months
- School supplies (colors, markers, crayons, eraser, paste, ruler, pencil sharpener, pencil case, paints, brushes, no paper please)
- School Bags
- School Overalls
- Table Games and Didactics
- Story Books
- School Exercise Books
- Clothes for children between 5 and 12 years old
- Pant / T-shirt Sets
- Flip Flops / Guaraches
- Volleyball / Soccer Balls
- Volleyball Network
- Soccer / Ball Uniforms
- Baseball / Ball Equipment (bats, balls, gloves, caps)
- Children's Bibles
- Social Preventive Treaties (drugs, pregnancy, alcohol, domestic violence, etc.)